The School Governing Body oversees the school’s work, makes decisions about the school’s policies and the direction the school works towards. The Headteacher is answerable to members of the governing body who charge him with the day to day authority and management of the school. The position of school governor is vital to the effective running of the school and is a means of giving worthwhile service to the community.
We have 1 vacancy for a Parent Governor (someone who has children attending this school). If you would like to join our Governing Body in having a say as to how the school is run please come to the school office and ask for a Nomination form. We particularly welcome interest from any parent/carers who would like to become involved in our Finance & Staffing or Health & Safety Sub-Committee.
An effective school governor is someone who:
- cares about improving children’s educational achievement;
- wants to work as part of a team and can value the contribution made by different people;
- is willing to listen, learn, be supportive and ask questions;
- has a feel for what is important to people and as a parent yourself be understanding of other parents’ concerns;
- has an awareness of parents’ needs and concerns;
- has enthusiasm;
- can commit their time and energy.
If you wish to stand for election as a parent governor, please contact the school office to request an application form.
For further information please visit the website www.gatesheadgovernors.org. If you wish to arrange an informal talk with the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher, please contact the school. Alternatively contact the Governor Support Service by email at: @gateshead.gov.uk or telephone number (0191) 4338629.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS IS: 12 noon on Wednesday 3rd April 2019
- there are certain circumstances that can disqualify an individual from serving as a school governor (eligibility information is available from Governor Support Service);
- free training is available to support you in your new role.