School Vision and Aims
‘Working Together For our Children – One School, One Team and One Family’
We believe that learning should be enjoyable, purposeful and challenging. Through our effective curriculum we aim to equip each child with the skills they need for lifelong learning. We aim to develop confident learners, who take ownership of their learning; are proud of their achievements and are well prepared for life in modern Britain.
We believe that every child matters and that every child should feel they matter. Through positive attitudes and effective partnerships we endeavour to develop the whole child, meeting individual needs in our safe and secure environment where individual differences and similarities are celebrated to create an inclusive school.
We believe that all members of our school community should work together to maintain a safe, clean and stimulating environment which encompasses not only the immediate learning environments and school grounds, but the surrounding area also. We aim to promote sustainability and an awareness of wider global issues through our curriculum and through the links made with our local and global communities.
We believe that good teamwork and positive active partnerships – between individual children, whole classes, teachers, our colleagues, governors, parents and the wider community – will lead to effective teaching, successful learning and excellent progress for all.
- To deliver a high quality teaching and learning experience for our pupils that promotes high standards and progress for all.
- To promote a love of education, for all learners, and to equip them with the tools to take ownership of their own learning.
- To promote children’s self-esteem, their rights and responsibilities.
- To create a welcoming atmosphere in school where children, staff, parents, governors and visitors feel valued.
- To have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity.
- To work in local and national partnerships in order to strengthen curriculum links and promote an awareness of the wider world our community is part of.
- To ensure that our pupils feel safe and secure and enjoy coming to school.
We will accomplish this by:
- Placing teaching and learning at the heart of everything we do.
- Delivering innovative and effective teaching and learning.
- Working in partnership with other schools, support agencies and businesses;
- Providing an exciting, broad and challenging curriculum and learning experience.
- Promoting and sustaining a ‘Go For It!’ culture where children have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners.
- Promoting the confidence and engagement of parents and carers in the learning of their children and in the continual development of social skills and good behaviour.